Please Note: Development of this website is still in process. Thank you for your patience.
A General Aviation Airport to Meet Your Needs
The Inverness Airport is a general aviation community airport on the east side of Citrus County, Florida, about 2 miles from the heart of downtown Inverness. Centrally located to provide quick and easy ground access to Citrus, Marion and Sumter Counties, Inverness Airport is an ideal airport for business and pleasure.
The Citrus County Department of Public Works is responsible for the general expansion and upkeep. Recent progress completed at the airport includes:
- An increase in the runway length to 5,000 feet.
- Completion of a 14,000 sq. yd. apron.
- A straight-in GPS approach for the runway (publication by the FAA is scheduled for April 2012).
- Completion of the design for a new hanger and FBO office.
- Designation of a new fixed base operator, Whiskey Bravo Air.
- Introduction of flying lessons offered through Whiskey Bravo Air.
Within the upcoming months, further improvements and upgrades will include:
- Design and construction of T-Hangars.
- Implementation of the updated Airport Master Plan
- Avionics repair service
- Certified full-service A&P maintenance
What to Do in Citrus County
Whether your agenda includes business or leisure activities, Citrus County has a great selection of hotels, restaurants and fun things to do. The Visitors & Convention Bureau has a complete list of activities, events and places to go at www.VisitCitrus.com
Citrus County is also home to the Crystal River Airport on the west side of Citrus County. For information, please visit http://www.crystalaerogroup.com.